What problem are we solving (use cases)? - I can't count the number of times people have asked me this when I try to explain metacurrency. I think a quick outline of a few use cases metacurrency would enable would really help people understand the context a bit better.....Not solving a problem, creating platform for new possibilities. Evolving the context. Do we even want to "solve the problem?" What becomes possible? Feedback loops are the engine of creation. Organized for anti-entropy. What possibility is this creating?
To show the way being able to design and create new currencies not only adds new things, but whole new categories of things, and ways of doing things. Examples: emergence of Blue in American folk music, the way the piano and its versatility create new possibilities for music. Electronics for recording and amplification transform musical performance from social production to mass product.
TED talk audience. Someone willing to research and understand the concepts and has been drawn in. Ourselves: personal stories of contact with new currencies.
For the viewer to have an experiencial context for the language and thought patterns of the new currency movement. To meet some of the participants in the field and meet them personally through stories of engagement and transformation.
Stories: (caution:don't sound utopian)
- Ecosystem not Zoos
- Problem space of collaborative action and design
- Growth vs development: understanding living systems, rather than stopping something.
- What we value is wealth, resources aren't wealth. Problem solved is operationalizing the truth of this.
- Productive vs Reproductive economy. Feminine energy.
- Adopt-a-grandparent program rather than child-care timebank.